2023 Summer Youth Employment Program
CareerSource Florida Crown, Lake City Police Department, The City of Lake City, and Columbia County are excited to announce the 2023 Summer Youth Employment Program.
The Summer Youth Employment Program was developed to create positive relationships between youth and law enforcement. This is accomplished by youth and their families experiencing a beneficial relationship and program through their local police department and community.
Student work schedules are Monday through Thursday 8am - 5pm with a 1-hour lunch break from 12pm-1pm.
Students are paid $12.50 hourly. They will receive an additional two day’s pay for Juneteenth and Independence Day if they attend the end of program banquet, giving them the potential to earn $2,450.
• Must be enrolled in school, home school program, or have received their GED.
• Ages 16-18, 19 if graduating in 2023
• Must attend all meetings
• Complete unpaid Soft Skills training, students can earn the Florida Ready to work Credential
• Have transportation
•Thursday, April 6th
•Student and Guardian meeting at 6pm at the Columbia County School Board. This meeting will be available via Zoom.
• Friday, April 28th o Applications due to CareerSource Florida Crown no later than 6pm
• May 30th through June 2nd o Mandatory Soft Skills training
• June 5th o First day of work
• July 13th o Last day of work
• July 14th o Banquet
*Applications will be available in the near future. *