SUWANNEE COUNTY MARCH 2 COMMISSION MEETING AGENDA
LIVE OAK, FLA.,
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
JUDICIAL ANNEX BUILDING
218 PARSHLEY STREET SOUTHWEST
LIVE OAK, FLORIDA 32064
TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR MARCH 2, 2021, 6:00 P.M.
Pledge to American Flag
- The Board may add additional items to this agenda.
- Affirmative action on any item includes authorization of Chairman’s, or designee’s, signature on all associated documents.
- Individual speakers from the audience will be allowed three (3) minutes to speak following recognition by the Chairman and must speak from the podium. Speakers may only make one (1) trip to the podium regarding each item they wish to speak on.
- Groups or factions representing a position on a proposition or issue are required to select a single representative or spokesperson. The designated representative will be allowed to speak for seven (7) minutes following recognition by the Chairman and must speak from the podium. Speakers may only make one (1) trip to the podium regarding each item they wish to speak on.
- For general updates or questions regarding County business contact the County Administrator during regular business hours (386) 364-3400
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- February 16, 2021 – Regular Board Meeting
February 23, 2021 – Special-Called Meeting
- Approval of payment of processed invoices.
- Approval of renewal of resolution declaring Local State of Emergency due to COVID-19, dated March 17, 2020.
- Approval of Interlocal Agreement between Suwannee County and the Town of Branford regarding Florida Department of Transportation Small County Outreach Program (SCOP) funding grants for the construction of portions of Wideman Street and Carter Avenue.
- Approval of Small County Outreach Program agreement with Florida Department of Transportation for design construction and construction engineering and inspection for road reconstruction of Wideman Street from SR 247 to Feed Mill Avenue and adoption of enabling resolution.
- Approval of Small County Outreach Program agreement with Florida Department of Transportation for design construction and construction engineering and inspection for road reconstruction of Carter Avenue from Drane Street to Braughton Street and adoption of enabling resolution.
- Approval of task order with North Florida Professional Services, Inc. for engineering services associated with electric improvements at Suwannee County Jail and Courthouse. Budget impact: to be paid from Board Professional Services line.
- Approval to hold second meeting for the month of March on Monday, March 15, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will be located at the Judicial Annex.
- Approval of County Records Disposition Request #22 for the Building Department for the destruction of records that have met their retention.
- Approval of Marketing and Training Grant Agreement with Enterprise Florida and authorize staff to execute same.
- Approval of Storage Tank Liability Warranty Renewal with Terrorism Act Premium.
- Approval of agreement with Nabors, Giblin, and Nickerson for consultant services associated with Fire and Solid Waste assessment.
- Approval of Modification No. 6 to CDBG Economic Development Grant #16DB-OK-03-71-01-H16 (renewal & time extension).
- Approval of Release of Lien for Shannon Schnabel, State Housing Initiatives Partnerships Program client.
- Approve, adopt, and post on the official County website the updated Title VI Policy and Plan, and the Title VI / Nondiscrimination Assurance as presented and as required as part of Suwannee County’s Local Agency Program (LAP) Certification.
- Authorization to advertise for Request for Proposals for natural gas provider.
- Authorization to advertise for bids for repairs and improvements at Peacock Lake Boat Ramp and Park through FWC. Budget impact: 25% match.
- Authorization to advertise a public hearing to discuss an application for a Community Development Block Grant for a public purpose.
- Request permission to apply for a grant through the E911 Rural County Grant Program in the amount of $54,437.00 for the Yearly Maintenance of the 911 System, 911 System Manufacturer Support, Database Support, GIS Mapping Display Support, GIS Map Generation Support, and Logging Recorder Support.
- The Clerk of the Court has $83,785.89 in excess funds that would typically be returned to the BOCC. The Clerk is requesting authorization to retain $6,800 for purchase of a check writing machine and printer. The Clerk has asked that the balance $76,885.89 be placed in a separate BOCC budget line for purchase of a generator for the Courthouse.
CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS ITEMS:
COUNTY ATTORNEY ITEMS:
- Discuss, with possible Board action, Internet Café hours of operation. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
- Discuss, with possible Board action, RFP No. 2021-05 for Real Estate Brokerage Services. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
- Discuss, with possible Board action, funding for Sheriff’s radios. (Randy Harris, County Administrator)
- Any additional business the Board needs to consider regarding COVID-19.
- Additional Agenda Items. The Chairman calls for additional items.
- Public Concerns and Comments. (Filling out of Comment Card required, and forward to
Chairman or County Administrator. Individual speakers from the audience will be allowed three (3) minutes and a single representative or spokesperson will be allowed seven (7) minutes to speak following recognition by the Chairman and must speak from the podium – one (1) trip to the podium.)
- Administrator’s comments and information.
- Board Members Inquiries, Requests, and Comments.