SUWANNEE NOV 2 COMMISSION MEETING AGENDA
SUWANNEE COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
JUDICIAL ANNEX BUILDING
218 PARSHLEY STREET SOUTHWEST
LIVE OAK, FLORIDA 32064
TENTATIVE AGENDA FOR NOVEMBER 2, 2020, 6:00 P.M.
Pledge to American Flag
- The Board may add additional items to this agenda.
- Affirmative action on any item includes authorization of Chairman’s, or designee’s, signature on all associated documents.
- Individual speakers from the audience will be allowed three (3) minutes to speak following recognition by the Chairman and must speak from the podium. Speakers may only make one (1) trip to the podium regarding each item they wish to speak on.
- Groups or factions representing a position on a proposition or issue are required to select a single representative or spokesperson. The designated representative will be allowed to speak for seven (7) minutes following recognition by the Chairman and must speak from the podium. Speakers may only make one (1) trip to the podium regarding each item they wish to speak on.
- For general updates or questions regarding County business contact the County Administrator during regular business hours (386) 364-3400.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- October 20, 2020 - Regular Board Meeting
October 27, 2020 – Special-Called Meeting
- Approval of payment of processed invoices.
- Approval of renewal of resolution declaring Local State of Emergency due to COVID-19, dated March 17, 2020.
- Approval of CARES Act spending plan.
- Approval of task order with North Florida Professional Services for design services associated with Suwannee River Greenway Sun Trail project (FDOT #442872-1) and authorize staff to execute all necessary documents.
- Approval to apply for State Aid Grant for Public Libraries for the Suwannee River Regional Library System and Certification of Hours.
- Approval to apply for State Aid Grant for Public Libraries for the Suwannee County Public Library System and Certification of Hours.
- Approval of Annual Plan of Operation for 2020-2021 for the Suwannee River Regional Library.
- Approval and authorization to name the CR250 / Dowling Park bridge in honor of Dr. Burr A.L. Bixler and Matthew A. Carter.
- Approval to hold all future Board of County Commissioner meetings at the Judicial Annex Building.
- Acceptance of E911 Rural County Grant in the amount of $2,594.00,0 including Chairman’s signature, and consent to process invoices totaling the same to AK Associates for the yearly support / warranty of the Eventide Logging Recorder.
- Appoint Norm McDonald to replace Janet Airth, who has resigned, and reappoint Clyde Fleming to serve on the Suwannee County Historical Commission for three-year terms, retroactively effective October 1, 2020.
- Reappoint Tommie Jefferson to serve on the Suwannee County Planning & Zoning Board of Adjustment and Planning and Zoning Board, retroactively effective September 2, 2020.
- Reappoint Jerry Fortner and Stephan Blue to serve on the Suwannee County Development Authority Board, retroactively effective April 30, 2020.
TIME SPECIFIC ITEMS:
- At 6:05 pm, or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, hold a public hearing to consider adoption of a resolution approving Special Permit for Temporary Use Request No. SPTU-20-10-01 by American Promotional Events DBA TNT Fireworks, to be granted a special permit for temporary use under Section 14.10 of the Suwannee County Land Development Regulations for a Fireworks Tent Sale, to be held starting December 26, 2020 through January 1, 2021, on property zoned Commercial Intensive (CI). (Ron Meeks, Planning &Zoning Director)
COUNTY ATTORNEY ITEMS:
- Discuss, with possible Board action, final plat approval of Kingwood Estates subdivision. (Ron Meeks, Planning & Zoning Department)
- Discuss, with possible Board action, preliminary and final plat approval of Freedom Farms (minor subdivision.) (Ron Meeks, Planning & Zoning Director)
- Any additional business the Board needs to consider regarding COVID-19.
- Additional Agenda Items. The Chairman calls for additional items.
- Public Concerns and Comments. (Filling out of Comment Card required, and forward to
Chairman or County Administrator. Individual speakers from the audience will be allowed three (3) minutes and a single representative or spokesperson will be allowed seven (7) minutes to speak following recognition by the Chairman and must speak from the podium – one (1) trip to podium.)
- Administrator’s comments and information.
- Board Members Inquiries, Requests and Comments.